Online games news Tedious Retro Gamer, 17-08-2021
Online Games Bay
As they say "blink and you will miss it". But don’t worry, you will not miss Wargaming’s apology for recent sh*tstorm, because they, of course, do not plan to apologize for anything.
While the manure hit the fan Wargaming (company behind World of Tanks and World of Warships) took few days to come up with the statement about recent exodus of the top Community Contributors, or as they called it "recent incidents". And... let’s just say that no one expected much of them, but what they published today is beyond laughable:
We are awfully sorry that AprilWhiteMouse and other CCs are no longer a part of our Community Contributors Program, and we’d like them to know they will be missed. We respect their decision and want to thank them for their contributions, devotion, and passion for the game and program over several years. We wish all of them best of luck and hope that they will stay in touch with us nevertheless, we will always be here to talk.
We understand that there are several causes that have led us to this situation and that we have upset and disappointed many of our CCs and players. While some of these causes are self-explanatory, and our commitment to fix them remains, there are a few specific points we’d like to comment on:
* We appreciate the community feedback about Missouri being obtainable via Random Bundles exclusively in 0.10.7. We’ve been discussing this since last week and decided to add an alternative way to purchase the ship. We will provide details on our Devblog soon.
* On the topic of Missouri, we know that there is an open question whether her earnings are on par with the pre-update version, especially considering signal flags and camouflage bonuses. We’re carefully analyzing her adjusted earnings following the update, and will share our decision whether any adjustments to the mission are to be made.
* Regardless of AprilWhiteMouse’s CC membership status, we will stay true to our commitment to release HMCS Huron in 2022. She’s been added to our production plans and is scheduled to arrive around late Summer 2022.
So, to help them translate it to English (thing that they struggled with lately) here are the most important outtakes:
1. we are sorry they left, but we don’t really care,
2. we are open to talk to them, even though we tried to avoid that for months now,
3. Missouri stays as it is, no matter how scammy it looks,
4. we will do something next year to calm down the Canadians.
Wargaming has a long history of mistreatment of their own Community Contributors, their playerbase, not to mention the bullying and spamming their competitors (like Steel Ocean), now they moved into gambling scheme to improve their income. The one thing I can say about all of this it the old saying: arrogance usually comes right before the fall.
Post-apocalyptic survival for dummies
Yes, you could assume that after recent events Wargaming, company behind World of Tanks and World of Warships, would be more careful, but if you assumed that you clearly do not know this company for very long.
After long, long time in development submarines are finally coming to World of Warships. Well, sort of coming. And the gamers are sort of excited about it.
Do you remember The Simpsons? You know, that TV series that once was funny, before it became the forgotten, although still going TV series. Wargaming just got to the new level of pathetic detachment from reality, just like The Simpsons.
Is Wargaming collapsing? Unfortunately no, but the situation in the company might not be as great as they want you to believe.
Elden Ring premiered recently to pretty much universal acclaim - critics and users seem to love the concept, the outlook, the formula, the experience. And someone should tell FromSoftware they’re doing it wrong! And someone has...
Seems like media in gaming industry has still a lot to learn from the examples such as Cyberpunk 2077 and Anthem - hype is not everything. Why do I mention it? No, I’m not gonna talk about Cyberpunk 2077 again, some other title caught my attention and by pure coincidence it was a Polish game as well.
Quite popular youtuber videogamedunkey just announced that he has established a publishing studio called Bigmode, which will be focusing on indie productions. That announcement was met with mixed reac...
The post-apocalyptic TV series The Walking Dead was almost an instant hit - the story of Rick Grimes and other people stuck in the middle of a zombie apocalypse brought millions of fans to the AMC cha...