Online games news Tedious Retro Gamer, 17-08-2021
Online Games Bay
As they say "blink and you will miss it". But don’t worry, you will not miss Wargaming’s apology for recent sh*tstorm, because they, of course, do not plan to apologize for anything.
While the manure hit the fan Wargaming (company behind World of Tanks and World of Warships) took few days to come up with the statement about recent exodus of the top Community Contributors, or as they called it "recent incidents". And... let’s just say that no one expected much of them, but what they published today is beyond laughable:
We are awfully sorry that AprilWhiteMouse and other CCs are no longer a part of our Community Contributors Program, and we’d like them to know they will be missed. We respect their decision and want to thank them for their contributions, devotion, and passion for the game and program over several years. We wish all of them best of luck and hope that they will stay in touch with us nevertheless, we will always be here to talk.
We understand that there are several causes that have led us to this situation and that we have upset and disappointed many of our CCs and players. While some of these causes are self-explanatory, and our commitment to fix them remains, there are a few specific points we’d like to comment on:
* We appreciate the community feedback about Missouri being obtainable via Random Bundles exclusively in 0.10.7. We’ve been discussing this since last week and decided to add an alternative way to purchase the ship. We will provide details on our Devblog soon.
* On the topic of Missouri, we know that there is an open question whether her earnings are on par with the pre-update version, especially considering signal flags and camouflage bonuses. We’re carefully analyzing her adjusted earnings following the update, and will share our decision whether any adjustments to the mission are to be made.
* Regardless of AprilWhiteMouse’s CC membership status, we will stay true to our commitment to release HMCS Huron in 2022. She’s been added to our production plans and is scheduled to arrive around late Summer 2022.
So, to help them translate it to English (thing that they struggled with lately) here are the most important outtakes:
1. we are sorry they left, but we don’t really care,
2. we are open to talk to them, even though we tried to avoid that for months now,
3. Missouri stays as it is, no matter how scammy it looks,
4. we will do something next year to calm down the Canadians.
Wargaming has a long history of mistreatment of their own Community Contributors, their playerbase, not to mention the bullying and spamming their competitors (like Steel Ocean), now they moved into gambling scheme to improve their income. The one thing I can say about all of this it the old saying: arrogance usually comes right before the fall.
Free online soccer manager
start your team and challenge the best
Or rather the IGMMOIG word. I know, it's not really a word, it's acronym, but "I'm Gonna Make My Own Indie Game" is such a long thing to say. Yes, each week, each month, perhaps even each day someone drops that word. Fine, acronym.
Times change and we change with them - simple ancient sentence that has a lot to do with game development. I know, you expect to find here the rambling of old man about how old games were better, right? You won’t be disappointed then.
Online games come and go, with introduction of modern technology that allows game clients to use high definition graphics, the lifespan of online games if quite often much shorter than the time is needed to make one. Why? Because of the silent killer called learning curve.
Seems like media in gaming industry has still a lot to learn from the examples such as Cyberpunk 2077 and Anthem - hype is not everything. Why do I mention it? No, I’m not gonna talk about Cyberpunk 2077 again, some other title caught my attention and by pure coincidence it was a Polish game as well.
To finish this miserable year on more positive note single player online manager Santa Monica FC Online prepared a small Xmas present.
I recently revisited old British sitcom called Cowboys, about inept builders taking jobs they are not qualified for, doing them as quickly and as cheaply as possible and then running away with the mon...
If you missed the sh*tstorm that just keeps on giving, the Community Contributors walkout in World of Warships, don’t worry, nothing particularly interesting happened. Except Wargaming apologized ag...