Online games news Tedious Retro Gamer, 17-08-2021
Online Games Bay
As they say "blink and you will miss it". But don’t worry, you will not miss Wargaming’s apology for recent sh*tstorm, because they, of course, do not plan to apologize for anything.
While the manure hit the fan Wargaming (company behind World of Tanks and World of Warships) took few days to come up with the statement about recent exodus of the top Community Contributors, or as they called it "recent incidents". And... let’s just say that no one expected much of them, but what they published today is beyond laughable:
We are awfully sorry that AprilWhiteMouse and other CCs are no longer a part of our Community Contributors Program, and we’d like them to know they will be missed. We respect their decision and want to thank them for their contributions, devotion, and passion for the game and program over several years. We wish all of them best of luck and hope that they will stay in touch with us nevertheless, we will always be here to talk.
We understand that there are several causes that have led us to this situation and that we have upset and disappointed many of our CCs and players. While some of these causes are self-explanatory, and our commitment to fix them remains, there are a few specific points we’d like to comment on:
* We appreciate the community feedback about Missouri being obtainable via Random Bundles exclusively in 0.10.7. We’ve been discussing this since last week and decided to add an alternative way to purchase the ship. We will provide details on our Devblog soon.
* On the topic of Missouri, we know that there is an open question whether her earnings are on par with the pre-update version, especially considering signal flags and camouflage bonuses. We’re carefully analyzing her adjusted earnings following the update, and will share our decision whether any adjustments to the mission are to be made.
* Regardless of AprilWhiteMouse’s CC membership status, we will stay true to our commitment to release HMCS Huron in 2022. She’s been added to our production plans and is scheduled to arrive around late Summer 2022.
So, to help them translate it to English (thing that they struggled with lately) here are the most important outtakes:
1. we are sorry they left, but we don’t really care,
2. we are open to talk to them, even though we tried to avoid that for months now,
3. Missouri stays as it is, no matter how scammy it looks,
4. we will do something next year to calm down the Canadians.
Wargaming has a long history of mistreatment of their own Community Contributors, their playerbase, not to mention the bullying and spamming their competitors (like Steel Ocean), now they moved into gambling scheme to improve their income. The one thing I can say about all of this it the old saying: arrogance usually comes right before the fall.
Multiplayer soccer manager
join our game or else...
After long, long time in development submarines are finally coming to World of Warships. Well, sort of coming. And the gamers are sort of excited about it.
In a move that shocked pretty much no one, who paid attention to World of Warships in recent months, the most recognized Community Contributors for the game has just distanced themselves from Wargaming as a company and their products.
If you missed the sh*tstorm that just keeps on giving, the Community Contributors walkout in World of Warships, don’t worry, nothing particularly interesting happened. Except Wargaming apologized again. Well, sort of...
Do you remember The Simpsons? You know, that TV series that once was funny, before it became the forgotten, although still going TV series. Wargaming just got to the new level of pathetic detachment from reality, just like The Simpsons.
Times change and we change with them as the ancient wise people used to say and today we see the new version of that saying - games change and we change with them.
No, it’s not gonna be another rant about people wasting their lives on making their own games, only to abandon them in messy state. Although, it kind of is...
Abermore, one of the dozens, if not hundreds, of titles that premiered in recent days on Steam made me think that the end of an era is near. Yes, you guessed it, Abermore is a steaming pile of garbage...
Cyberpunk 2077, new game from CD Projekt Red studio, premiered on 10th December 2020 and, just like rest of the year 2020, it was a painful experience. Although after about 8 years in production devel...